Saturday, March 12, 2011

Psychic Mind: Blue Hawaii and Past Life Carry-Over

 
Even now the beach of Waikiki calls to me, and I know why.
When I was an adolescent during the 50s, my emotions ran high, especially when psychic events happened to me spontaneously as they often did. I always waited anxiously for Sunday to come. My dad went out to get the thick Sunday paper, and when he returned, I’d grab the comics section. Li’l Abner and Daisy Mae; The Phantom, Oh ghost who walks; Dick Tracy; Brenda Starr, girl reporter, and her mystery man with a black patch over one eye; Snuffy Smif & wife Loweezy; Dagwood & Blondie were my favorites.                

My mother’s Sunday Dinners, Hungarian-style chicken and hard dumplings in sour cream gravy or falling apart roast beef in onion gravy or roast pork were to die for. Sometimes a ring-neck pheasant I shot during season instead of chicken. Sunday afternoons was “nap” time for my parents who retreated and shut their bedroom door while I lay on the living-room floor listening to “Hawaii Calls” on the Big Radio. How I loved that music! I didn’t know it at the time, but that incredible music... ukeleles and steel guitars... stirred up PSYCHIC SOUL MEMORIES.

During the mid-1970s I was introduced to the ancient theory of reincarnation, and semi-hypnotic regression technique, to include the concept of past-life carryover. As I lay on Doris’ padded cot in her spare bedroom, she counted me down inducing my deep consciousness to remember events from other lives. She was primarily a psychic consultant and very interested in reincarnation. During one significant regression she did with me, the scene opened on a sandy South Sea beach. It was coming evening, the sky was red and dark, and the palm trees swayed greenly in the breeze. Even though a memory, a psychic soul memory, I could feel the quality of the cool wet air on my skin.

I saw myself as a fragile Hawaiian elder. I knew it was me, the person I had been back then. Unfortunately I had to be carried by two broad-backed middle-aged women wearing long black hair falling down their brown necks. I felt disgraced to be so old and useless. I knew I had been of the priest-caste, and that is why I was cared for with such reverence. After contracting a severe muscle-nerve disease, I could no longer walk. The feelings of shame were intense. Then the scene shifted.                                                       
It was a Van Gogh “starry starry night”, the air was cool, and the wavelets lapped the shoreline. All was sleepy quiet. I saw myself crawl slowly down to the water’s edge, and put my head just under the water, inhaling, choking in the salty water so I would no longer be a burden. I was of no use to my people any longer, so I did the noble thing and took my own life.

In the current life, I’ve always had problems with my nerves and muscles, but never came down with an actual disease. And now in my older age, the condition has worsened causing me to walk with two canes, hand-carved Nara wood that grows hard and wild here in the Philippines. Remembering that past-life regression, I conjecture that my present muscle-nerve affliction is essentially a matter of past-life carryover. I cannot prove that, except in the psychic mode, but it is a favorite tentative belief of mine. Past life events or conditions, some of us believe, can account for present-day situations, tendencies or afflictions.

Beautiful blue Hawaii calls to me and always has, and when touring Honolulu as a psychic consultant and spiritual healer on three different occasions, I did not want to leave. Not ever. And the vision of the old Hawaiian priest I’d been ages past haunted, and still haunts, my memory.

Richard Lee Van Der Voort, M.A. Please see my website that includes books, blogs and psychic services at http://psychicconsultingbyemail.com. For more information about psychic readings my e-mail my address is psychicmind.vandervoort231@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment