Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Psychic Mind: Many are Called, but Few are Chosen

Many are Called but Few are Chosen by Richard Lee Van Der Voort, M.A.

In saying that many are called, we may mean that many are attracted, many become interested, but few have adequate talent and dedication to become competent or expert in whatever the field of endeavor. So it is with becoming a professional psychic counselor, a spiritual healer and  Light Worker. During my development period, perhaps the most exciting and important time of my life during the mid-70s, I had something to look forward to every hour, every minute. Something new to try, to experience, to accomplish.

As a budding psychic, a Seeker on the Path spiritually, a chela or student, I gorged myself on esoteric knowledge and the ancient spiritual wisdom of the ages. Especially the wisdom of India and China. Taoism, Buddhism, Vedanta. The Bhagavad Gita, the I CHING, and all the books of the day such as Jane Roberts’ Seth books, THE NATURE OF PERSONAL REALITY, Edgar Cayce, America’s greatest seer, the books of Ruth Montgomery and books about healing such as George Meek’s HEALERS AND THE HEALING PROCESS that introduced me to the psychic surgeons of the Philippines. It was a grand time of psychic unfolding.

Reading Tarot cards came easy. Perhaps something I’d learned as a psychic in a past life some long ago in time, during another incarnation. In a past life regression I saw myself as a scribe to an ancient prelate with a long gray beard, and realized that that was why automatic writing, channeling, came so easy to me. I’d done it before. Until finally my Guides introduced themselves and caused me to have a psychic inner plane initiation that led to my current work as a professional psychic, and, back then, as a healing vehicle as well. “Service serves us,” I wrote. As we serve others in the Light of God, we evolve ourselves. Yes, it was a wonderful time of life.                                   

I’d done fourteen wonderful years as a college professor of modern literature and creative writing, and became poet and writer-in-residence on two occasions. As a poet-writer-teacher, I was ready for a top permanent post, but instead, a personal epiphany put me on a different path, and I was led away to a still yet more fulfilling life, a life of greater freedom and service, and of personal evolution and growth.

I didn’t make a lot of money at first, but that did not matter. From that time on, I traveled to many cities and countries, gave talks and small seminars, went on radio and TV as guest psychic, wowed audiences and attracted clients. I even had along the way eight call-in psychic, metaphysical radio talk shows of my own. I was sailing! And my life had profound purpose and meaning. It still does to this very day... all these many years later. That I was chosen to do important psychic and spiritual work has been and is a blessing, something I could never have conceived of as a boy growing up on the edge of my grandparents’ farm back in Southern Michigan during and after WWII.

Richard Lee Van Der Voort, M.A. Please see my website that includes books, blogs and psychic services at http://psychicconsultingbyemail.com. For more information about psychic readings my e-mail my address is psychicmind.vandervoort231@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment