Thursday, March 10, 2011

Psychic Mind: The Man Who Was Not of this Earth!

Before my practice of automatic writing led to Direct Voice Mediumship and Dual Consciousness, I began my career as a professional psychic consultant reading Tarot Cards. When attuned to the symbolic drawings on the 78 cards, 56 minor arcana, 22 major arcana or secrets, of the Waite-Rider Tarot Pack, a talented psychic can do excellent work using that ancient system. Never content with tradition, I invented many of my own strategies including the sophisticated Jungian Spread. The more learning and native intelligence a psychic brings to the process, the better s’he stands to perform.

At the time of the strange incident, I lived on the ground floor of an old house. Jeanette, the owner, was an attractive silver-haired woman and the matriarch of esoteric metaphysics and astrology in Lansing. After my encounter, she verified what I sensed about my strange client-visitor.

When I answered the door, there stood a youngish unshaven man who appeared to be down on his luck. His old beat-up Army boots flopped open and the strings were missing. He looked like an under 40 unkempt Detroit skid row drunk. Observing his greasy uncombed blond hair and disheveled appearance, I was tempted to make some excuse why I couldn’t see him.

“I’m your Two O’Clock appointment,” he said in a voice as clear and smooth as a northern stream. The sound seemed other-worldly somehow. Even if he was a bum and couldn’t pay, I didn’t want to be rude. There was something about the guy beneath his rough surface. So, with misgivings, I invited him in. My thought was, I’ll just do a quick Reading and get him back out the door in a hurry. And I would not offer my usual ritual of cookies, coffee or tea. With normal clients, I made a psychic session a memorable event that included a tape. But this man did not, by appearance, meet my usual standards.

Still warring within myself, I decided that because the man had phoned and made his appointment I ought to do THE RIGHT THING and treat him exactly the same as I would any client-friend. After tea and small talk, I spread the cards. As I said my Prayer of Protection, he recited it with me, word for word. How could he know my original prayer? Something about the guy was different right from the start.

Most striking were the man’s soft blue Jesus eyes. The historical Master Jesus probably didn’t have blue eyes like the artist’s portrait in the Methodist Church I attended as a kid. My disheveled client’s eyes were otherworldly. Like the eyes of Jesus, they seemed the epitome of sorrow, compassion and kindness. Those eyes had known great psychic pain. And there was something about his aura that radiated pure love and kindness. And yet, he was a troubled “man” and had come to me for a psychic reading.

I responded to his concerns, and gave additional psychic impressions that came in. His questions were odd, and as we moved through the session, I noticed the delicate scent of lilacs, my favorite. And then his issues departed from the norm completely.

His story was unique. He worked on the astral plane doing “survival work”. It was his job to help the dead cross over and take their place in Spirit. Some, however, lost sight of the Light, and many stopped in a state of “limbo”. He seemed to suffer the fatigue and stress of overwork. By far he was the strangest client I’d had. He confided backsliding in his work, and suffered burnout.                 

“I saw your light and was attracted, so I came to you for help,” he said. Then a different energy took me over and the psychic Tarot Reading deepened. Soon I was speaking of things I had no knowledge of. My own altered state of consciousness expanded. I realized that his visit was as much for me as him. Perhaps more. “Who is the slayer and who is the slain?” I thought, “who is the counselor and who is the counselee?”

As we finished, the blond man with the soft blue Jesus-eyes pronounced the Reading excellent, then paid me double! He knew, he said, what he had to do next. Final choices are always left to the client. Authentic psychics do not try to persuade. He assured me that I would develop rapidly and deeply. His voice had become more authoritative and reassuring. I felt like embracing him in spite of his shabby appearance.

We stood at the kitchen door saying goodbye as he continued to thank me for my guidance. I didn’t even think of taking his address and phone. Probably because he had no home in the usual sense. “You are doing important work,” he told me. “You will attract many more workers in the Spirit World to aid you in your work.” In describing his own “survival” work, he did not use the term “guardian angel” that came into my mind. His job was to help weak, confused, lost souls cross over to the world of Spirit. But the man, likely not of our world, was temporarily burned out. After our Reading and encouraging insights, he said that he felt ready to resume his vocation.

After he left, I clambered upstairs to tell Jeanette about my strange visitor with the light blue Jesus-eyes. Eyes, the “windows of the soul”. “You have just been tested,” she told me. “And you passed. You know that man was not of this world. You were blessed to have a spirit visitation. It is a good sign of things to come.” And those things over the years led to wonderful places and states of consciousness indeed.

Richard Lee Van Der Voort, M.A. Please see my website that includes books, blogs and psychic services at http://psychicconsultingbyemail.com. For more information about psychic readings my e-mail my address is psychicmind.vandervoort231@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment