Friday, March 18, 2011

Psychic Mind: Death Postponed

DEATH POSTPONED  by Richard Lee Van Der Voort, M.A.

 As a professional psychic consultant and teacher of spiritual philosophy, I often question events beyond material causes. Aristotle described the Four Causes, and the “Material Cause” is only part of the story of CAUSATION. I’m reminded here of “the worst wife of my life”. One time she told me about a visit to a psychic who, she said, explained that THE REASON for whatever it was she asked was CAUSATION. Do you think I was ever able to explain to her the foolishness of that chimp-like reasoning? Not even to the day of divorce! Oddly, though dumb as a stump, she was very psychic.

But, back to my subject: one evening in the mid-90s, I was out in my old travel trailer parked in my dying mother’s backyard. I’d go out there to practice my drums, watch TV or read, or nap... just to be alone. Of a sudden, a crashing sound occurred that made me think I was under attack by I knew not what. Martians? I grabbed my .32 pistol and flew through the only door. What happened was, a light pole complete with live wires and flashing transformer had fallen across the top of my camper.

Standing beside the mess later with police and firemen, we watched the bumper and metal wheels of the unit sizzling. My travel trailer was electrified and hot. A fireman standing next to me observed, “How come you weren’t killed? That is amazing!” At first I wondered if maybe my rubber-soled tennis shoes had grounded me, but that and car tires is a myth. I know I touched the metal door knob to get out, and stepped on the metal door frame. So why had I not been electri-fried? As I moved through the door in the greatest of haste, I’m sure I was in shock, but not the electrical kind. So what, using Aristotle’s or any other reasoning regarding CAUSATION, happened that I did not die as a result of that MATERIAL EVENT?

I could invoke a spiritual view. By then I’d toured for many years as a psychic consultant and spiritual healer, and I’d studied a great deal about matters that transcend the material world. I also count myself as a person under “spiritual protection” but still vulnerable to material forces. My deceased father would have said, “Dick, it just wasn’t yer time.” He used to say there is a BIG BOOK with everybody’s name in it, and beside each entry is a date the person will die. I never bought that idea, but in the case of my survival of electric pole attack, it did make me wonder why I stayed alive. I’d like to believe that Spirit had further plans for me here on Planet Dirt and enabled me to somehow escape an untimely death. Or it could be that “causation” was the reason.

Richard Lee Van Der Voort, M.A. Please see my website that includes books, blogs and psychic services at http://psychicconsultingbyemail.com. For more information about psychic readings my e-mail my address is psychicmind.vandervoort231@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment