Monday, February 21, 2011

Educated Psychic: First Vision


The bug-eyed yoga teacher and I became adversaries on first sight. My old friend, Billy, our family doctor’s son, watched the scene unfold. The perfunctory handshake was cold and tense. Being psychic, I read that my education intimidated him, and his small group’s obvious interest in me stole his spotlight. He didn’t like it. Given that, I knew the Yoga teacher was not the one who would teach me to meditate. So I decided to go it alone and simply experiment on my own.

Not knowing I was headed toward becoming a professional psychic counselor, never to return to teaching college English, I was between careers, nearly broke and alone as I sat on the edge of my bed in a rented room. It was a cold and snowy winter in the mid-70s. Just across the street was the campus of Michigan State where December 1959 I’d taken my B.A. in Philosophy.                                                           

I closed my eyes the way I saw meditators do, and tried to erase all thoughts from my mind which was no easy task. Then time stopped and something seemed to take over. I felt an inner clarity that soothed my nerves. My tie to the physical world had been cut. Fears took their leave. Not knowing how, I had “slipped into” some psychic state or condition apparently characteristic of meditation. I’d had no physical guide or teacher.

I had no idea how long I’d been sitting there in some sort of psychic state. Then suddenly a scene broke open in my mind. It was real. I saw a blue Plymouth station wagon parked down the street only two blocks from my shabby $12 a week room. Snow was on the roof, and there were other cars on either side.                                       

Coming up from my first experiment in meditation, I put on boots, coat and my furry brown Russian cap and went downstairs to investigate. Sure enough, there it was, that blue station wagon, just as I saw it in my mind. That was my first clairvoyant vision as a budding psychic consultant and spiritual healer. In less than a year I was being paid by clients for my psychic counseling work. Lives such as mine are not all of a piece.

At Billy’s next Yoga meeting, I sensed the Meditation teacher’s irritation that I showed up again. When I told my story to the fascinated group, I watched his face grow red. I thought, the man is egoically competitive and jealous, the exact opposite of what a “spiritual” person should be. Being new to things psychic and spiritual, and being naively idealistic, I would have willingly subordinated myself to him as teacher in the interest of learning how to meditate, but his negative attitude prevented that from happening.                                                       

In any case, Spirit guides us. “When the student is ready, the teacher comes.” Readiness is everything. Never do we have to force issues. Spiritual Guidance is spontaneous. The next teacher I attracted was Brian at the Aquarian Age Bookshop a few doorstops away from my upstairs room above the Smoke Shop. He introduced me to Spiritual Hierarchy, and gave me a book to read. He said the book had been waiting for the right student to claim it. A string of other teachers followed in my movement toward becoming what my Inner Destiny Plan had in mind for me, to become a full-fledged psychic consultant and counselor.                                                  

I was poor in pocket at the time, but exceedingly rich in Mind and Spirit .

Richard Lee Van Der Voort, M.A. Please see my website that includes books, blogs and psychic services at http://psychicconsultingbyemail.com, and more blogs at www.blogger.psychicmind and www.blogster.psychicexcellence  For more information about psychic readings my e-mail address is pschicmind.vandervoort231@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment