Thursday, February 3, 2011

Out-of-the-Body but No Place to Go

Out-of-the-body experiences and astral or soul travel have at least one thing in common: the REAL AND ETERNAL SELF leaves the physical body. If it doesn’t go anyplace, that is said to be an OBE. But if the SELF flies off like Superman and goes sightseeing or astral peeking, that is called astral or soul travel. Various methods are used to purposely leave the body, or, such psychic experiences may happen spontaneously.

On two occasions, I spontaneously went out of my body, once positively, the second under horrifying circumstances. In the first instance, during my development as a psychic consultant, I was sitting in meditation. Suddenly I became aware of facing my own body and that my eyes were closed. My MIND reasoned, I must be OUT OF MY BODY! Fear took over and next thing I knew I was back in my body.

On an earlier occasion, because of poor judgment, my OBE experience was extremely frightening. Could it be that we attract challenges for learning? I had just come off a one-year Macrobiotic fast during which I ate only Miso Soup, brown rice and drank distilled water. Doc Brown discovered my blood count had plummeted and asked how attached to my diet I was. So I dropped the diet instead of dying as a budding psychic at his right weight.

Shortly after that, good judgment plummeted just like my blood count. Earlier in life I’d flirted with alcoholism, part of my “cultural heritage”, so I went out for a few beers. Ending up sloshed, two kind women put me to bed back at my apartment where I stayed feverish for several days. The first night was a blank, but during the second night, I left my body. Hovering above my debilitated body, I noticed huge greasy pores like craters and saw my eyes were closed. My alcohol poisoned body remained asleep as my Self looked up to see horrible dwarfish obviously evil red-colored entities ringing my bed. I had gone out to fight them off.                                                  

Unmoving, they stared intently at my weakened body intending to possess it! Interestingly, my Real Self was neither ill nor drunk! Those Uglies looked totally evil! Satanic, as if up from Hell to claim a soul. Were they in any sense real? Or only some kind of mental projection? At that moment my body may have been near death and not headed for a pleasant place in the Spirit World. After a few days I normalized, grateful for the lesson, and aware of a strong inner admonishment to “go forth and sin no more”. Not if I wanted to ever work as a productive psychic. 

 
Richard Lee Van Der Voort, M.A.         Professional Psychic since 1975                                         For more Blogs, Books ad Psychic Services,
and Psychicmind.vandervoort231@gmail.com                                                                                          for Information Regarding Psychic Readings by e-mail

No comments:

Post a Comment