Thursday, February 17, 2011

Educated Psychic: Telekinesis and the Booklet from No One

After graduating high school, I spent a unique two years in the U.S. Army. Only two of us had not been to college. Always reading books, talking ideas, questioning and searching, and writing poems daily, the older educated boys took an interest in me. A goofy kid named Waldo dubbed me “the Professor”. He must’ve been psychic because that is what I became. Pre-Med was my intent. The idea of psychic consulting came two degrees and one profession later. Lt. Spears, a sharp black man, was our Battery Commander. He and I hit it off, at first. But things changed. Because of many issues and problems at the time, I ended up leading three strikes: sit down, hunger and silence. The latter broke him. Our war was in full swing when major psychic events began to happen.

First a booklet addressed to my name came to me from no one. It was all about self-hypnosis, self-programming and  telekinesis. All manner of psychic things I’d never heard of. I was thrilled, but who sent it? A Guide in the Spirit World who had his astral eye on me? One who knew I was destined to do psychic consulting work as I grew?

As a switchboard operator, I worked the swing shift. Deep in the night I was plagued with leg pain. Using that strange unsent-for book, I learned to induce a deep state of somnambulism. I was a natural. Giving myself positive suggestions, I healed myself psychically. Success excited me. At odds with our Commander, he assured me he would catch me sleeping and that I would be court-martialed. I programmed myself so that when he hit the door, I’d jump awake and report sharply. He never caught me.

Then came the Grand Experiment. Lying on the concrete floor during the dead of night, I induced that deep state. Noticing a metal wire hanging straight down from the ceiling and remembering the book’s discussion of telekinesis, a psychic phenomena that teased my imagination, I suggested that the wire would swing up and come back down three times. It did it! Or, so I perceived. Did it happen or was it an illusion? Being new to psychic phenomena of that sort, the event frightened me so I discontinued experimenting. I told no one lest they think I went bonkers. Had it only been a trick of perception? Or did it, telekinetically, happen?

*Years later when touring as a psychic consultant, I tried a telekinetic experiment one night. The guest room had no electric so I kept a candle burning at a distance. Using mental power, I commanded the candle flame to die. The flame would die down to nothing each time, but never would extinguish.

No comments:

Post a Comment