Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Educated Psychic: Please Don't Take My Picture, Mommy

A former friend of mine, former because I lost all respect for the man, was father to a baby he didn’t sire. She was a beautiful child, almost angelic in appearance. He is a white American, and the mother a Filipina. For reasons only she knows, the woman became pregnant with the little girl from a Filipino lover. Since the man, my former friend, played around also, they continued the relationship and he acted as the father. Such things are not uncommon between foreigner ex-pats and their girlfriends here in the Philippines. He overlooked my doing weird psychic stuff in the interest in friendship. 
Before the child reached the age of two, she became very ill. A bug was going around and many people were coughing. Her tiny chest was congested and it was difficult for her to breathe. Day after night after day instead of taking the girl to a doctor, the ignorant or careless couple only kept the child at home in bed. One night the baby died. In telling the story, the man, a big guy with lots of bristled hair stiff like a hog, began to sentimentalize. He seemed to care more for the tiny corpse than he did for the body when it was still alive. The mother cried a lot in anguish and sorrow over her loss, and the acting father, a mouthy sort and self-absorbed, though expressing guilt, rationalized his inaction while the child was ill. The woman liked my psychic work and always asked me wht I saw for her.
He called me to come and sit with him at the small dusty mortuary where the body of the girl in a tiny rented, part of the deal, white casket lay open for viewing. He’d asked me to bring my camera since I owned a good one. I was curious at the time if I might get a psychic photo and see spirits around the body. Only he and I were there with the quiet, peaceful-looking body of the little girl who’d died. “Her mother told me she didn’t want Marissa’s body photographed,” he told me, “but I think it would be ok for you to take a few shots.” The sight was quite photogenic and I wanted to do the psychic experiment, so I agreed. I stood over the tiny casket and prepared to take a picture. But when I pressed the button, I found it jammed. I tried all I knew how to do, but nothing. I told Ray the problem, but he just wore a puzzled “what to do now” look on his face.
Next day, checking out my problem camera, I found nothing wrong. The camera was no longer jammed and worked as if well-oiled. Everything was in order just as it had been. I recalled my ex-friend’s story about how the mother did not want photos taken of her dead daughter’s body lying there so still in her little white burial basket. Had the soul, the spirit, the mind of that little one not wanted to have her picture taken after she’d passed on? Was she the reason the camera jammed when I attempted to photograph her still body? Was she aided by Those bright angels who come to fly little ones back across to their home in the world of spirit? I only know that someone did not want my ex-friend’s daughter’s picture taken during such a sorrowful time. It was as if she had said, “Mommy, please don’t let anyone take my picture before my body is buried.”

Richard Lee Van Der Voort, M.A.  Professional Psychic since 1975                                                For more Blogs, Books and Psychic Services,
and Psychicmind.vandervoort231@gmail.com  for                                                                      for Information Regarding Psychic Readings by e-mail


No comments:

Post a Comment