Monday, February 14, 2011

Educated Psychic: A Visit with a One-of-a-Kind Psychic Medium

When my dead sister came through to give me a message from the Spirit World, I was nonplussed to say the least! When Grandpa, that loving Christian man, spoke to me in the very voice he had on earth, I was thrilled. “How’s yer Maw?” he asked. Such love in Grandpa’s voice! When my dad, who I was alienated from all my adult life, came through, I didn’t know what the hell to say to him. “Well speak to the man!” the medium’s control demanded. He was angry at my rudeness. I choked out, “Hi, Dad,” but my heart wasn’t in it. He hated the idea that I’d left college teaching to become a psychic consultant.

When my friend Clara, owner of the House of Nutrition, asked me to drive her to see Reverend DeRay, a very advanced old Spiritualist full-trance medium, I didn’t know what to expect. Clara packaged candy and nuts for the Spirits. She said they loved the treats. “Spirits can’t eat,” I informed her. “You’ll see,” she told me. The Spirits came, American Indians, and they very happy to see their friend, ol’ Clara.                                    

Clara eyes looked huge and black behind thick glasses, and because of serious surgery, her tongue flicked in and out snake-like. But, the epitome of kindness and generosity, she was anything but venomous. Many times I watched her bag up remedies and supplements to send to a dying AIDS victim. Clara had heart. And to hear her tell it, obliquely, she used to like the men also. I was her friend and psychic.

Early in our session, totally dark, I heard the Spirits rummage through the goodies Clara brought. When the lights came on later, the containers lay empty! Floating “trumpets” (aluminum cones) had floated through the air nudging us. Yes, I know, you cannot believe this, but I was there, and you were not. I detest guys like the Amazing Randy, one of many debunkers who are more bonkers than debunkers, guys operating and posing under the guise of Rational Empiricism who as repressed anal types, like to say NOOOOOO to everything they refuse to understand. Then voices spoke through those metal cones.
Of course one ought not to be gullible either. Healthy skepticism is the stance I embrace.

Ol’ Clara had her turn speaking with her people in the Spirit World. The only people in the house other than us and the medium was Rev DeRay’s retarded aged daughter who stayed at the kitchen table blank-eyed and chewing her toothless lips. How could Spirits enjoy material candy and nuts? The notion of dematerialization and re-materialization at another “edible” vibrational rate is one explanation. How a medium such as Reverend DeRay works, I will explain in another writing about types of psychics.

No comments:

Post a Comment